Wednesday 15 September 2010

day two

My day gets off to another early start, I'm up at 6am and in the gym by half past. Back up to the apartment for a quick omlette then dash to the subway in a more carefully considered outfit to that of yesterday (shorts being the only option when its 20 degrees at 8am) the office is air conditioned but the sun glaring through the windows makes for an uncomfortable experience in a pair of jeans.

The subway proves confusing even after a month on the London underground, which is due credit for its digestible signage! I catch the L train from Brookyln into 8th Avenue, then have the option of three trains to take me up to 23rd Street, where I walk 3 blocks to work. I am yet to master the second leg of the train journey, with 'local' and 'express' trains taking different routes through Manhattan. Two trains later and I'm back where I started, I walk 12 blocks from 8th Avenue - it's a pleasant walk, and certainly a nicer view than the underground.

Work gets off to an easy start, sorting through modelling portfolios and working on layouts for a pitch-book going out to one of the agencies biggest clients. Had a great lunch in a Thai restaurant on 10th Avenue, time flies by and I'm leaving the office just before 8pm, an 11 hour day that felt like a morning shift.

Back at the apartment I make myself some food and catch up with the boys, then it's up on the roof for a hot tub, watching the busy manhattan skyline eclipse the moon as my day winds to an end. Internet down in the apartment for whatever reason so again no photos just yet.